7.01.2010

Favorite Gadget: Embellish Knit I-Cord Knitter


I bought this on a whim. I've been trying to teach my daughter how to spool knit and it just wasn't going well. Then one day when I was at the craft store I saw the Embellish Knit and thought I would try it out. My daughter's biggest obstacle was getting the yarn to stay on the pegs - and the Embellish Knit has latched hooks, so it looked like it would cure the problem. It ends up that I kept it for myself. I frog cashmere scraps to get 100% cashmere yarn - and this is a great tool to turn the fine yarn into something thicker, stronger and usable!

It is easy to use once you get the hang of it. The clamp is actually the weight that holds the finished cord down so it doesn't get tangled in the hooks which rotate. You have to remember to move the clamp up periodically otherwise the cord will a) get tangled b) get to heavy or c) break the cord if the yarn is weak (e.g. cashmere).
I'm hoping to use some of the finished I-cord to make Celtic knots on my scarves as embellishments... fingers crossed I get around to it this year.

1 comment:

' said...

I'd love to see some pictures of what you've made with it. I'm intrigued!