12.24.2010

Merry Christmas...


I hope you have a wonderful holiday - full of warmth, cheer and good food! We've always celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve (German heritage shining through), so for the most part Christmas Day was a tad boring. Over the years, I have tried to make new traditions for the 25th. 

For a while when I was living with my brother, the two of us would go for Chinese food and a movie. I've tried going up to the mountains to play in the snow. I tried staying home and just being mellow (anyone who knows me knows that would never work). And I've tried sharing it with friends (since the family obligations were on the 24th). None of them stuck. 

The one that did stick, was the taking down of the Christmas tree and packing up the decorations. After a month of celebrating St. Nick's Day, Advent, Chanukah, Christmas, and school/ballet/drama performances I am ready to be done with it. And I usually eat up all the leftover Christmas cookies, regardless of how many are left - wouldn't want them to go bad, no would we?

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: