9.01.2011

Sewing Machine Fanatic: Singer 99K


I really love this little machine.  It is the big sister to the ever popular Singer Featherweight, weighing in at 22 pounds.  It is smaller than the full size Singer 66, measuring only 15" x 8 3/4" x 12".  It's not lightweight like many of the newer small sewing machines, so it won't bounce around on the table when you sew fast.  AND, since it is made of steel, you can sew over several layers of fabric with ease.  Makes me wish quilting bees were regular events again!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

That looks almost identical to my vintage machine. Mine is in a table mount, but I think that my ex's great uncle may have built the table mount for it.

And yeah, I've used it to go through multiple layers of denim. It is a fierce beast!

Michelle said...

Quilting bees are regular events! You either have to find one to join, or form your own group, like I did! It's sew much fun to gather with friends and spend the day laughing, talking, (and eating), and maybe even get some sewing done!

Haute Goat Cashmere said...

Dawn - I didn't know you have a machine other than Hello Kitty!

Michelle - first I would have to free up some time to quilt. I have my pattern all picked out though - that's the first step, right?