7.02.2010

Favorite Gadgets: Singercraft Fringe Maker

Singer made this attachment from about the 1930's to 1950's. It is used to make fringe, rugs, pile fabrics and "ric rac" from ribbon. I use it to make cashmere fringe. I frog some of the sweater scraps I have left over from cutting scarf pieces to make yarn (sometimes I ply it together since 1-ply cashmere yarn is VERY thin).


Here is a little tutorial I put together for using the singer guide. And here is a link to a
wonderful website with a full discussion of the guide, as well as hints on how to buy one - and links to more links re: the Singercraft!


AND: you can buy one here on etsy among other places...

2 comments:

Tina said...

I would love to see your tutorial for the Singercraft fringe maker but the link is not found :-(. I have one of these but never knew what to do with it.

Unknown said...

I have the singercraft guard 120987, the PDF are helpful. Thank you.