2.27.2011

Gluten-free Sundays: yummy pasta


One of the toughest hurdles I had to cross when I gave up gluten was giving up pasta.  My foodie could-be-a-chef husband makes so many wonderful pasta dishes, and we used to eat pasta 1-2 times per week.  Puttanesca sauce, Bubby's spaghetti bolegnese sauce, Amatriciana, Pugliese, and my all time favorite Carbonara.

What to do if I can't find a pasta brand that doesn't taste like paste?  Enter Shauna, the Gluten Free Girl!  She said the only brand to try was BioNaturae from Italy.  I found some a PCC, and my FCBAC husband whipped up some Carbonara to put on it last night for dinner.  I found the pasta a little chewy (probably from the rice flour it is made with) - but all in all it tasted great!  The texture (if you ignore the little bit of chewyness) is close to regular pasta, and my hubby & daughter described the flavor as "like whole wheat pasta".  Win!

No comments: