8.27.2011

How To: Reset Canon Powershot (Elph) digital camera

I've owned my camera for almost 2 years now.  In that year, I have used it on multiple trips, at multiple school productions, for taking etsy photos, and just for goofing around in the snow.  Needless to say I have monkeyed with just about every setting there is, not to mention dropped it a few times.  In the past few months, the macro just ain't what it used to be - and the regular focus is a little softer than normal.  I've been begging for a new camera, because that seems like the logical fix to me - but my husband insisted that problem is just that I have the settings out of whack.

So, enter Google.  I found this post that suggests holding down the FUNC/SET button while turning the camera on - thus resetting it to the factory settings.  I did it, it worked.  If you are having problems with your camera, you might want to see if there is an option for resetting it to the factory settings before you abandon it and buy a new camera!

No comments: