3.14.2011

Monday Funnies: A goat, a cabbage and a wolf...

As I was deep cleaning my studio last week, I ran across a folder of story problems, no actually story puzzles that I collected in high school - yes, they are dittos (purple ink & all) - that tells you how long ago I was in high school. But, I digress...

A framer had to cross a lake with a goat, a wolf, and a head of cabbage/ He could not take them all at the same time since the boat would be over filled and would sink. He could take only one at a time across and he could not leave the wolf with the goat on shore, since the wolf would eat up the goat. If he left teh goat with the cabbage, the goat would eat the cabbage. How could he go about getting all across the lake safely? Is there more than one solution?

What do you think?  And extra credit if you remember the smell of a freshly printed ditto.

No comments: